Saturday, November 29, 2008

light



What a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday we have had! It was strange to not be with family, but on the other hand it gave us a whole new experience. We were able to share it with some of great friends out here  - and we lucked out with a fabulous meal and wonderful company. Now we are counting the days until we are on the plane to Utah. We are of course excited to be with family, but it will also be a relief knowing that Erik is all done with his first semester of Grad school! I love this time of year. The other night Erik and I were sitting in our living room and we had just the Christmas lights on. There is something about the light of Christmas lights - I love it! I think it has to be one of my favorite things. It reminds me of when I was little and we would sleep in by the Christmas tree. Even then I still remember thinking about how safe and warm the room seemed by the light of the tree. I can't wait to go to Temple Square to take in that light. What I especially love is that we are able to celebrate the birth of the Savior - the Light and Life of the world.

2 comments:

brenley said...

spoken like a true poet! i love the Light of this season as well.

i am a tab bit jealous of these 'great friends' of yours! please, please jen, don't replace us:) i didn't think sharing you would be this difficult. there ain't a think i can do about it living so far away:)

Liz said...

Will this be your new word for '09? You bring light into our lives.