Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ugly Christmas Sweaters


Isn't this the best picture! This is last years ugly Christmas sweater/gingerbread house party (Darla was born just a few weeks after). The Nelson's host this party each year and don't you worry we have our sweaters for this year and they are AMAZING. I probably shouldn't call them simply sweaters, but outfits. We picked them up at a Savers in a pretty frightening part of Minneapolis. We probably past about 10 liquor stores on our way there. Scary. This year the party takes place on December 20th, the day after we fly in. Erik is already growing his mustache out for the mustache growing contest. We are excited. . . to say the least. 

7 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

oh you guys....classic!!!

Todd said...

I don't think Eric could ever top the outfit from last year. I keep thinking he looked like someone named "Aunt Marge" that would have lived (and flourished) in about 1973.
I am just upset that I won't be able to grow out the 'stache for the party this year - I have to keep a "respectable" look

Mindy Williams said...

Please, PLEASE, promise you will take time during your visit to post the pics from the family party as we will be the only outsiders yet again. I have never gotten to do this with my family, but I think it is because everyone is scared that Bart and I would rule the day. Sigh. Promise me! Miss you.

Kristina said...

you guys are amazing. i hope i get to see you for at least 5 minutes when you're out here.

Rachel said...

Erik, that is scary. I think we might have to call it quits. Paige said, "Is he a girl? Why does he have his hand like that?"

Emily Jane Blewitt said...

I LOVE this picture. I laugh out loud every time!

Liz said...

OK, so I have been waiting for this photo since I heard about this party last year! But you had me for a second: before I read the post, I thought: "No Way! Jenny is pregnant and has been hiding it!" :) I think I want to blow up this photo at Costco and hang it up as part of our Christmas decor, just to make me laugh whenever I walk by.