Wednesday, November 12, 2008

picture perfect.



We woke up to snow again today, but it already looks like it isn't going to stick around. I went to Costco and printed off some pictures of Darla this week and when I picked them up the guy behind the counter said, "Wow, 44 pictures of the same little girl!" She must be a first child. It's true. We are always taking endless pictures of her DARLING face. 
Back to the weather though, snow always makes me feel like playing Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate. But, I have a rule that I can't decorate, or play Christmas music till after Thanksgiving (which isn't too far away). Not like I have many decorations - just my wonderful Charlie Brown Christmas tree (thanks to the Livingstons), and some lights. Darla's new red coat makes her look a decoration - don't you think?

4 comments:

Kay Richards said...

Oh Jenny: another screen saver for sure. Kim asked me today how to see your blog because Brooke was telling her how darling Darla is. So I have been listening to my Christmas music since Nov 1 on FM 100 I am in heaven..50 plus years of DEcember memories. I have to listen for two months inorder to remember them all. and just to think that Santa is coming to Darla here this year..Yahoo..I am singing already.."there's no place like home for the holidays, no matter how far away you roam." and i am so grateful you are coming home...kiss that precious decoration for me..she is all we will need here...

Liz said...

I think Darla in her red coat is a bundle of Christmas joy. I was listening to Christmas jingles on the radio, thanks to Sarah, the other day and thought of Erik. I was just remembering how much he savors it all. We have been listening to Christmas music since November 1, like your mom. The season went too fast last year. But we play it sporadically. We'll go whole hog in a couple of weeks.

Heidi Smith said...

oh, jenny...it's been so cold hear in Michigan that Cameron and I have been listening to Christmas music since before Halloween. I know, shameful. Darla is becoming cuter and cuter; I can't wait to meet her.

Kristina said...

hilarious about the costco dude!