Saturday, November 1, 2008

BOO!


Well, we had a great time with Darla on her first Halloween. Yes, we did tote her around begging for candy and we actually got a pretty good stash! Thanks to the Starkie's for letting us tag along. Their girls (and little pumpkin man) were bursting with excitement. Erik was just about as excited about the candy as they were. I remember the last time I went trick-or-treating as a kid I was in 8th grade. We dressed up as 70's chicks and sprinted from house to house. I don't think I have been that tired. We ran for at least 4 hours straight. Oh the memories. I have to say as much fun as those days were - seeing little Darla be thrilled by holding one piece of candy in her fist, or just the smile she gets from being outside made this Halloween 10,000 times better than any of the others. Having her makes everyday seem like a holiday.

4 comments:

Liz said...

What an adorable costume! Darla's sparkly blue eyes are my favorite! I agree that being a mother makes every holiday 10,000 times better!

Liz said...

Anna wanted to know, "What Jenny be for Halloween?" I told her "a mother."

cath said...

oh heavens...Darla is beautiful!

Kay Richards said...

I love how your comments ring true to others feeling and you make them so profound. I loved the everyday a holiday..you are the best mommie ever.