Sunday, November 16, 2008

curls


          

          
I bought some small sponge curlers at the grocery store the other day because I wanted to see what Darla would look like with curly hair. I was laughing when I took them out because just the top layer of her hair is long - so it was just these tight ringlets. The underneath part is all too short to curl. But once the curls relaxed a little it actually looked pretty cute. This picture of her and Erik is one of my new favorites. 
I am needing some suggestions of activities you can do with a 10 1/2 month old. Poor Darla, I feel like our apartment is getting smaller by the day because she has pretty much discovered every nook and cranny, and her toys just seem not so entertaining. This is one reason why I am VERY excited to go to Salt Lake - she has two Grandparents houses to explore. How lucky is she! We have gone to the library once and I hope to go this week (if you are still wanting to Rachel :) I guess I've just got to get more creative. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

she is so freakin adorable! LOVE the hat

Liz said...

OK, so I will have to post the pictures of Anna when Sarah did pin curls and made her look like Shirley Temple, since that is what these photos remind me of. If I can remember it tomorrow, that is.

Mindy Williams said...

Library is always a good one, but did you ever wonder why I am a mall rat. It isn't for the shopping, but for the adventure of walking through a new place, throwing pennies in the fountains, going to a play area...even when they are full of germs. I am certain it is cold where you are, but I love walks, Wal-Mart, Chick-Fil-A, any museum you can find as they most often have a free day..see what you can find to explore in that new city of yours! And don't forget how fun a grocery store can be if you slow down and teach her stuff along the way. This is the best part of the adventure of living away--making yourself find and do new things.