Saturday, October 4, 2008

words-worth

I have just been reading some of my favorite blogs (Ali, Cath, Trishy, and Liz) and I would like to thank them for the way they write. May be I should put a bit more thought into what I post instead of spiting out whatever I can, as fast as I can. You know, I was going to be an English major. That didn't last very long - especially when I realized that I had to read a novel size list of books. But words and their worth have always intrigued me. I remember telling someone once that one of my passions is words. And it's true. May be it's descriptive language, or small details placed just right. Perhaps I should hire one of my favorite writers as my editor to help me along. Perhaps. I love words.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Boy, I just feel lucky to have you reading my blog because it is so fun to hear from you in the comments AND you are one of those people who can appreciate the personalities behind the stories! (Rebecca just said, "Put 'I LOVE YOU!'" and "Tell her I can write hieroglyphs!"). I just want to say that it is OK to be in the spitting out stage of writing, because that's just what we have to do these days. I am still in that stage! :) But I want to know, what is your word for this year?

brenley said...

so i love reading other people's words too and am always envious (i know, need repenting in that dept) of how people know how to say things so creatively - i was a comms major and i still can't write. maybe i once could but since children have come along i lost it? no, i won't blame it on them - i don't think i ever had that talent in me. i'm good at posting lots of pictures though:)

Patricia said...

man, jen, i just love hearing about your amazing life and family! en serio. darla is the cutest in the world.

Alison said...

yeah! You have the best thing to blog about in the world! Darla! we all just have to try to compensate. love you!