Thursday, October 23, 2008

Refreshing

You know that sound you make after taking a long, cool drink of something. That release of air (no not a burp) that almost sounds like the opening of a coke can. Well the other day Erik taught Darla to make that sound after she drinks from her sippy cup. Now she does it just about every single time. And whenever Erik or I go to drink something she will make the sound as she watches us. We can't help but laugh.  This morning when I was nursing her, she stopped and looked up at me and made that perfect sound followed by the biggest smile I've ever seen, just waiting for me burst into laugher. Of course I started laughing and she just went right back to nursing with a little smile on her face because she knew how smart she was. That had to be the best way to start the day. I have a clever girl on my hands. 

2 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

Those are the moments that make nursing soooo worth it!

brenley said...

soooo cute!!! what a girl! dads are usually responsible for those kinds of tricks!