Tuesday, October 7, 2008

long day, long night - short life

        
          
An hour later, I'm lying her down in her crib - she stays asleep. 2 1/2 hours later I'm lying her down in her crib - she stays asleep. 2 minutes later, I'm lying her down in her crib - she stays asleep. I believe the most repeated wish of a mother is- please stay asleep. My little Darla isn't a sleeper. In those times of bouncing, rocking, and soothing I've learned more than I've wanted to know about myself. I have also learned much about Darla as well as our Heavenly Father. He seems to bounce, rock, and soothe us our whole life long - why then can't we endure it for a few hours?

4 comments:

Kay Richards said...

Jenny..you did it..all patient even though you were up and down all night. That is such a great feeling to know that we have conquered a little of our mortality for the things that matter most. Line upon line..it is an amazing Heavenly Father that teaches us through our mothering. Darla was so darling on the phone and then in the picture I could just see her too..Thanks for the updates .. I love them so much.

Kim and Steve said...

Jen! I decided to enter blog life since no one has seen jane...I haven't posted anything yet but will!...www.stevekimjane.blogspot.com

britta said...

AMEN SISTA!!! Holy cow!! It is so nice to hear that someone else is struggling with a stinker sleeper too. Lately all I hear is "my baby sleeps twelve hours straight!" We can do it! Ben and I pulled an all nighter together last night!

Kate said...

LOVE the bandana!