Sunday, September 28, 2008

everywhere and everything

                
                                     
9 months old today and she finally went to the zoo this weekend and got her first pair of shoes. I didn't think I would love shoe shopping for her as much as I love to go shoe shopping for myself. What is it about shoes? The zoo was a great outing on Friday - we went with a friend and her two kids. What made me love the zoo even more - it was free! Tomorrow I have Darla's well check and I'm excited to see all the numbers. Strangely, seeing those numbers (weight, height etc) is rewarding. After that fabulous General Relief Society Meeting last night I am rejuvenated for another week. President Uchtdorf was incredible. What resonated to me more than ever was the truthfulness of this gospel. How blessed I feel to be part of it all. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Are you kidding? Shoe shopping for littlees is more fun than for grown-ups, especially now that children's shoes are SOOOOO cute. My favorites were those leather slip on ones with the elastic across the top that are more pricey but always stayed on! (Brand? Can't remember!) Anna had ones with a little pink princess crown applique that went with EVERY outfit. Here is the brand: Robeez. Of course, there are other brands like them that I am sure work. We only had one pair. (That's what happens on the last child, right? Get the more expensive shoes...) Wore them like crazy.
All I can say is that Darla is as cute as they come. Hands down.

brenley said...

those are such cute shoes!!! and i'm so glad you kept the beanbag! your little girl is growing up so fast - i swear you were pregnant not too long ago. wow! eat up every minute!