Thursday, December 18, 2008

able

Off to Salt Lake tomorrow! What a week it has been. Erik has now finished up his first semester of Grad school. He walked in yesterday after taking his last final and Darla and I started cheering!  Hooray! 
This past week has been full of many emotions. I've been excited, thrilled, anxious, worried, tired, frustrated, happy, grateful, humbled, humbled again, in love, amazed, curious, and prayerful. Last night as I was reading I came across these words, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." At that moment I felt able. Able to fulfill my calling. Able to tend to Darla in the night no matter how many times she wakes up.  Able to be forgiven. Able to become. 

3 comments:

Mindy Williams said...

You guys are awesome. I admire you so much. Thanks for the adorable letter, but I have to say it made me cry again! :) It was hard to have Mom and Dad leave here but they are sure excited to be having you guys around. Hope you enjoy the long visit with the families. Thanks for our gift. We love you guys so much. You are both awesome and way to go, Erik!

Emily Jane Blewitt said...

I love you Jen. You are an amazing woman and ALWAYS an example to me. Thanks for being in my life.

Liz said...

Sounds like a great word to hold onto. Will that be your word for 2009? Thanks for sharing!