Sunday, June 1, 2008

5 months old . . . due for a cold.


Yes, it's true Darla got her first cold this week. I keep telling myself that I can't complain because she really has been quite the healthy kid. I just feel so bad though when her whole face is draining- eyes, nose, and mouth. I admit I came home early from church with her today because I couldn't wipe her face one more time with toilet paper. I needed a warm cloth. Now she is resting (thank goodness) and I probably should be too. Last night was a little long. Poor thing. I hope she gets feeling better soon. She is actually quite cheerful for how bad this cold is. She is a trooper. Being sick sure makes you grateful for health and strength, especially when it comes to your child.  I do love Sunday's though. I think my love for them came when I was in London on my study abroad. I had to actually travel about an hour to get to church. Sundays we would go to parks, gardens, read, and write. There are such BEAUTIFUL parks in London. Oh I miss it. I learned much from that experience. I'll get back there one day. Anybody want to come with?       These pics were taken on our anniversary. What a wonderful day that was. Erik was able to get work off so we got to spend the whole day together! LOVE IT! We made ourselves an incredible breakfast. Then later went on a walk to the park where these pictures were taken. Erik surprised me with two (notice number significance) gerbera daisies. My mom was so kind to come down and watch Darla while we went out to eat. Macaroni Grill is so delicious! Then we hung out and watch Brian Regan (stand up comedian) before going to bed. Hilarious. I loved having that time with Erik. The two year mark was well celebrated. 

4 comments:

henderson family said...

I was dying when I read you guys like Brian Regan- he is my favorite...seriously too funny to be real. I should've guessed you would know who he is and like him too...we always seem to enjoy the same humor...k ward and sadie hawkins. Enough said.
(:

cath said...

i loved seeing the jenerik-through-the-ages pix. what a great fam.

brenley said...

i love those pictures! you are just gorgeous and your little girl looks just like you!!! what a cute family! i hope darla is over her cold. jorgen has one now, just the forever running nose though....he doesn't seem to even notice it - even when i'm not on top of my wiping-up-the- snot-game and it's running into his mouth. maybe he needs more salt in his diet so he kind of likes it? gross!

Patricia said...

hooray for london! i'll go back for sure. i have been wanting to go back so bad lately.

darla is a doll.