Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Can't return ANYTHING!

Ok, so I just came home from Gap where I was returning a swimsuit that I had bought for Darla, but then I found a different, cheaper, and cuter one. I had the receipt for the swimsuit. I even had the receipt from the purchase before that where I had exchanged something in order to buy the original swimsuit. So, I had two receipts showing how I purchased them etc etc. The lady behind the counter said, "I'm sorry, we can only send you mail receipt (which is a gift card or store credit) for the amount of the purchase." I said, "Even though I have receipts I can't return this item and get my money refunded? I have to have store credit?" 
That makes no sense! I may be understand the whole store credit thing if you don't have a receipt, but if you have a receipt why can't they give you your money back? This whole thing make me want to not buy anything unless I KNOW I am going to keep it. Peoples return policies these days are ridiculous! 

1 comment:

brenley said...

lame!!! i thought stores always credited your card if you had the receipt! i'll be more careful too! actually, i remember old navy did that to me once a year or so back - must be the gap/old navy/banana chain. so lame!