Thursday, November 26, 2009

thanks


Happy Thanksgiving. I am full of thanks today as I watch my two beautiful children. How lucky am I to be able to be a mother, especially the mother of Darla and Bennett. Every single day I am awed and amazed at these two little people. Darla is almost two - her personality ever so present and character so kind. The conversations that we have will be forever cherished. Bennett is growing, and learning - interacting with him is one of my favorite things. I love newborns. Why does that stage have to disappear?
I was talking to my sister the other day and she said how she loves that the world hasn't quite figured out how to commercialize Thanksgiving - meaning they go from Halloween straight to Christmas. Thinking about it, I'm not surprised. The world doesn't have time to slow down and give thanks - it goes from "where's the candy" to "give me presents". If only it would slow down and be grateful, just think what a difference that would make. May be then in those moments of thanksgiving all would notice that there is something greater. Someone who gives all. Someone who loves all. I'm grateful for that Someone because He has given me my life - my family.

1 comment:

Mindy Williams said...

We have one request: we would give you much thanks if you would stop that boy from growing before we see him again.
Thanks,
Love,
The Williams cousins