Friday, March 27, 2009

15 months ago. . .


. . . I hadn't yet learned. I didn't know. I had no idea. I couldn't comprehend. I wouldn't stop to think about Darla and who this little person is, or what she has come to mean in my life. She is my little "teeny" (weighing in today at only 18 lbs). That number makes me realize how small she was when she was born - since 18 is triple what she weighed when she was born. I know 15 months isn't one of the celebrated milestones, but today I have been celebrating her in my thoughts, as I do every day because every day, the past 15 months I am blessed to know Darla.

4 comments:

Mindy Williams said...

Um, I thought Rachel was a string bean, but sista is packing on the pounds as she just passed Darla and hit 18.5 pounds! Good thing it isn't a contest, right? :) We were thinking about Darla and wondering about how she can do so much and Rachel still has so much to learn. It is fun for Jake and Anna to think what Rachel will be like by being able to watch Darla grow and develop. What fun cousins. One day we'll be able to have them play together.

Kate said...

wow time flies. and i still can't believe that you have another one coming.

April said...

what a beautiful little girl. I can't believe she only weighs 18 lbs, I guess that is good since you are preggers again. I took Mason to the doctor today and he weighs a little over 26! at 17 months

Mindy Williams said...

Um, hi, this is like almost a week old. Could you please post something else? I mean, it's not like you are sitting inside trying to stay warm or anything. Geez! :)