Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Inspiration

Erik and I have had some interesting thoughts the past couple days. Long story short, He was about to say no to the program at Minnesota and as soon as he did, he felt confusion inside instead of peace. We started to talk about what he was feeling, what I had been feeling and after yesterday we both feel as though we need to go to the University of Minnesota instead of George Washington. While pondering upon our thoughts and feelings, I thought of a talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland (http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=8501). I recommend all to read this talk. I know that the Lord is mindful and is aware of our circumstance. I know that he wants what is best for our little family. I know that even after we have felt peace about a decision we will face moments of doubt and fear - but I know that those feelings come from one who does not desire our happiness as God and Jesus Christ do. I know that we are always needing to be taught. I know that if we are humble and are listening that those lessons will be recognized. If we heed them, our lives will be changed.

2 comments:

brenley said...

definitely inspired advice - i'm going to read the talk tonight! thanks!!!!

so, you're going to go to minnesota now? wow!!!!

Kate said...

wow. very neat. very exciting. very crazy that you're moving to MINNESOTA!!!! when are you leaving?