Sunday, September 13, 2009

one week

sleep. eat. poop. sleep. eat. poop.
I am in love with him. He is pure boy. It's amazing the differences I already see between him and Darla. Once again I have learned so much . . . so much about love, patience, joy, God, and family.
I'm grateful my mom is able to be here. There are times in life where you just need your mom- this is one of those times. Especially my mom, because she loves newborns more than anything else. She is such a great example to me of perfect service and love. I hope to one day to be like her.
Darla is adjusting. We have had the sweetest of moments with her and Bennett. She already loves and cares for him. She gets worried when he cries or is unsettled. I have a feeling that she is going to be my greatest helper. At times this change has been emotional for her - but she works through it. She is such a little person trying to be ever so grown up. I love her more this week than ever.
Erik has a son. He keeps saying that - "I have a son!" There are times in life where you just need the man of your dreams - this is one of those times. He is incredible. I love how motivated he is by the birth of another child. I'm amazed by his love for me. Can't imagine my life without him.
I am feeling well. There is nothing like a newborn, the sacrifice of my body, time, energy . . . and life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Bennett is one week old and we have all been changed forever.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That was beautiful! I remember when Elizabeth was 4 months old and we came to St. Louis. We were at church and I couldn't get Elizabeth to sleep and my mom couldn't get Elizabeth to sleep. Elizabeth wouldn't let any strangers hold her, except your mom. And she got her to sleep. She does have a special way with babies. I wish we were there so we could see her. Tell her we say hi!

Jane Durham said...

How beautiful, I was tearing up there at the end. I've been wondering when your mom would arrive, I'm so glad she's there with you. Love you all!

Anna said...

I was crying by the end of that. Jenny... I am just so happy that you are so happy. You and Erik are such wonderful people, and I can just HEAR the joy in what you wrote. I hope to one day feel that way. Congrats... I love you!

brenley said...

that was wonderful to read! children really do change you and it is so fun having one of each, isn't it! i'm so glad your mom is there to help you. so glad!

miss you!