Saturday, August 15, 2009

we hated saying good-bye!


The Starkies (some of our best friends) moved to this past week to Texas. We had a great time trying to spend as much time as possible together before they pulled out. Darla couldn't get enough of cute Elizabeth, Paige and Dallin. May be we can meet up in Utah during Christmas time - we'll have to! We love you guys!

Here I am 36 weeks pregnant. We found out the past couple days that I have gestational diabetes - which has thrown me (I'm not going to lie. Never thought I'd have to prick my own finger 4 times a day). Luckily I have continued to feel great so it's just surprising to receive news like that, especially being so close to the end. Now more than ever I just pray for a healthy delivery and baby. I know it's all going to be ok. Four weeks to go . . . we can make it!

5 comments:

Shari Griffiths said...

Hey Jen, Just so you know, my sister says that test gets a lot of false positives. I dunno much about it myself , that's just what she told me. -Shari

Can't wait for the new little one!

Your going to have to let me paint Darla someday, she absolutely darling! p.s. you won't be in utah anytime soon, will you? I'm coming in august and september, john's going on a mission!

brenley said...

you look so dang cute! i love the belly shot!!!! i am sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes - i need to read up on that, i can never remember what is it all about. four more weeks - AHHH, i'm so excited for you guys. darla is going to be such a great big sister!

Rachel said...

We hated saying good-bye too! I try not to think about you guys or I get emotional. You are some of our very best friends too, definitely our best Minnesota friends. Keep us posted about the baby.

Kjell Crowe said...

good luck!

Liz said...

Wow, I am out of the loop! You can tell I haven't been reading blogs lately. You look great--love those shades! Aren't you so grateful not to be diabetic all the time?