Friday, August 28, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Darla has always LOVED Erik, but I would say specifically the past couple weeks she has become 100% a Daddy's girl. She wants him to push the shopping cart, the swing, the stroller, get her out of her car seat, carry her, walk with her, read books with her etc. It has been wonderful to have Erik around so much to help with Darla since he is done with work until school starts back up on the 8th of Sept (two days before my due date of course). Having him around has also given me a little more time to rest which has been nice since I'm moving a little slower these days. We are loving this time together before the storm hits. . . and who knows when that will be. All I have to say is thank goodness for peanut butter toast and sugar free jell-o. Both have been life savers since I've had to change up my diet the past couple weeks. All is well. Don't worry, I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

cath said...

oh man i can't believe the whole diet thing! all i ever say on this blog is how stinkin cute darla is...but IT'S TRUE!

Rachel said...

So cute! Good luck with your last 10 days. I will eat some ice cream for you.

Liz said...

Just in time. What could be better? I wish I lived close to bring over a Pyrex dish full of Jello for you. I hope you have a great birth experience. Will your mom be around to do a crazy parking job at the hospital again? (That's one of my funny memories from Darla's birth). I hope everything goes GREAT. I know you are in heaven's hands, and we will keep you tucked in our prayers.
I had the best laugh over the nanny comment the other day. Just had to post that. Hope you enjoyed it, too. For my birthday, I'm going to watch Nate play in his first football game! You would love to see him in all of those pads! What a crack up! He is growing up and having a good 'ol time.

emily said...

Now I see the pretzel! Was it there on purpose?