Thursday, July 16, 2009

watching her


Top picture - this is a park that is near by our apartment and it has a great little wadding pool just for kids. Not to mention it is free. We go there at least twice a week. Darla LOVES it!
Next picture - Darla is wearing a pair of Erik's ankle socks. She brought these over to me and said, "wear um?" So I put them on her. She wore them for almost two hours. I think little things like this are hilarious.
Since I'm at my 32 week mark, I'm realizing that my one on one time with Darla will be ending in two short months. I have been watching her ever so closely. Simply observing. She is brilliant. She radiates light. She is my best friend. She knows me and I know her. I guess what amazes me about love is that I will always love Darla and I will soon fall in love with the new little person that is about to enter our life. I love being a mom.

4 comments:

Mindy Williams said...

She is so cute. Enjoy every moment. I remember the day before being ridden with guilt that Jacob would no longer be an only child. I wondered how he would do and if he had any inkling how his life was changing. We spent the day at his favorite places. I spoiled him rotten. There is something so sweet about only one, but once you are holding that new baby, you realize how amazing it is that your heart can hold so much more love than you ever dreamed possible. Cheezy, I know, but I can't wait for you to feel the same way I do! You are a fantastic Mom too!

Anna said...

I love your blog. It's so wonderful to see so much joy and love. Jenny, you and your family amazes me. :) Thanks for sharing yourself with your friends and family! Love ya!

brenley said...

that little one of your surely does radiate light, just like someone else i know! i miss you!

Liz said...

I love that you are the kind of mother who enjoys her daughter so much! I keep learning from you.