Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blogging World


I can't believe I finally let people know Erik and I have a blog. I have mixed feelings about blogs. The other night, I sat here at the computer skipping from blog to blog getting caught up on the lives of people I know - seeing pictures, movies, paintings, and reading about what is going on in their lives. It was strange after I was through, or decided to stop I should say, because I was completely caught up without talking to, or seeing any of those people. I didn't really like that feeling. Those people had no idea that I had visited their sites and read/look at all their posts. This is why I am hesitant to post my blog to the public. I want to so I can quickly share photos and stories of Darla, but I don't like the idea that people can just go to my blog to get the updates or details instead of calling or even getting together for lunch. Does anyone else feel this way? It's just one more technological creation that is taking away the person to person interaction. May be one day we will all communicate through blogs only. No need to call, no need to stop by...just look at my blog.

This is kind of funny though that I am writing this...on my blog. I know I have one, but that is why I keep debating whether or not to tell people "go look at my blog."

Just some thoughts about the blogging world.

4 comments:

Mindy Williams said...

So I do have to say that I share your sentiments partially about blogs. I have a weird thing with cell phones. I love mine and always have it, but no one EVER makes a real, concrete plan anymore because "we have our phones". However, being able to see Darla and hear more in detail about your lives is so much fun. It doesn't mean we will call less, but at the same time, it does close the gap a bit. I can't wait to show the kids the pictures of Darla, she has changed so much already. Yeah for blogs!

Alison said...

Well if that isn't the CUTEST blanket i have ever seen. And us office crazed cubicle dwellers are more than happy to stare at delightful babies to break up the monotony. BLOG ON

brenley said...

finally! i know though, i totally agree - you can totally catch up with people but never interact with them through blogs. however, they are fabulous ways to keep in touch, say, when you live in a different state and can't see how ridiculously fast your little darla is growing up. she is so cute!! she has changed so much since i saw her last. beautiful girl with a beautiful mama!

julie schenk said...

Well, Jen....since I live in St. Louis it would be very hard to get together for lunch so I LOVE reading about you. Darla is the cutest baby ever. She really is THE BEST! What a doll. I see your mom in her. So cute. It's so fun hearing how happy you and Erik are and how you have taken to motherhood...you had a great example. Your mom invited me to your blog and I'm so glad she did. You look beautiful. Happy mothering :) love, Julie