Thursday, April 24, 2014

You should see my heart.





Lucille had her first road trip to Fargo for Easter weekend. We had a wonderful time celebrating with the Ohlson family. All I wanted for Easter was a picture of my kids in darling church outfits and smiling/posed perfectly. Of course because this is real life we are talking about the picture of my four kids not looking, sitting on a pile of dead grass is what we got! In a way I like it more than that photo I dreamed up in my head. That is how I have been feeling about life lately. Sometimes I look around my house at the mess, or listen to the chaos of so many little voices and think "This is not what I dreamed it would be", but then other times, more often than not actually, I think, "This is exactly how it should be." My sister-in-law has this fabulous quote hanging in her house  - If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.
My hands are definitely full, but we are all growing - together.
Erik accepted a post doc/fellowship at St Louis University. We will be moving beginning of July. It is such a bittersweet thing. I am so grateful he got a job and we can move forward without hesitation. God has been so kind to us.

3 comments:

Anna said...

AHHH!!!! St. Louis! I will meet you there :)

Jaci said...

Jack and Darla in that top picture!! Growing up too fast!! So fun to see all these blonde babies together!

Liz said...

Love this! We're so happy for your news about St. Louis! Congratulations to you all. Please remember to email us your new mailing address :).