Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mom

I am Mom. I am Mom to Darla. I am Mom to Bennett. Erik even sometimes calls me Mom. I feel that becoming Mom to Darla was a different experience than becoming Mom to Bennett. I feel as though we become Mom all over again with each child. Questions that linger in my thoughts are - How do I be Darla's mom? How do I be Bennett's mom? I know those questions are separate. If I were just to be Mom (one in the same to both) that wouldn't work - for they are not one in the same. They are my daughter and my son. Daughter. Son. I believe they are learning those roles, right along with me; learning to be Mom. Simply - I'm grateful that I am Mom.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Jen! I love this pic! It's gorgeous! :) Love you guys!

Heidi Smith said...

Jenny!! Beautiful picture of you with your happy babies! I think to be the best Mom for your children they mostly need to know that you love being their Mom, and that could not be more evident when I read your blog. I always knew you'd be a joyful Mother and Wife--It's such a pleasure to be your friend and to have lived with you for a short while.

brenley said...

and you are the best mom...especialy because you don't force your kids to eat tomatoes :) !!! darling picture! you are beautiful!

Kim and Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.