Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Motherhood = Guessing Game

Last night I was trying to figure out why Bennett kept waking up. Today when rocking Bennett to sleep I had this thought, "Come what may and love it" (Elder Wirthlin). My life will be full of many different seasons. My season right now is to raise my children with as much love, patience and dedication as I can give them. So instead of getting frustrated with a waking baby, or an emotional toddler I am going to try, to strive to love it. Don't get me wrong, I do love it. I LOVE being a mom, but just like any mom would tell you it is the hardest thing you'll ever do. But I guess that is what makes it so worth it.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Jen - you are one of the most caring, loving, patient mothers I have ever met! I hope someday, if I have children, I am half the mother you are! Never doubt yourself! You're incredible :)

Kate said...

Come what may and LOVE IT! thank you for the reminder:)

Liz said...

Isn't the gift of the Holy Ghost and personal revelation the best? I'm so glad that Heavenly Father is so close by to hold our hand and comfort us as we grow up. You are so close to Him. Thank you for sharing. We love you!
P.S. I'm saving up my banana "pennies" in the freezer... ;)

Tiff said...

You can still be a loving Mommy and desire a child to sleep. It's healthy for both of you... and makes your loving them easier. Don't think less of yourself when you have frustrated moments. :) Acknowledge the moments, and move on. Some of my greatest thinking and problem-solving comes out of the catalyst that is my frustration.

And if you want any help with sleep problems, you can ask me, if you'd like. I'm no doctor, but I read almost every book out there when Malia had her extreme colic and then had to implement what I knew when I was diagnosed with PPD with Cecily and had to ensure myself sleep to help myself.

And that comment was much longer than I originally intended.