Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's About Time

Tomorrow we move to our three-bedroom apartment. Yesterday we celebrated Erik's 26th birthday. In less than a month Erik will be graduating. Every day Darla, Bennett, and I are outside playing in the sand, sun (and wind), while trying to keep Bennett from eating the grass. We're happy as can be.
Bennett isn't crawling yet, but he can basically fold himself in half when trying to reach for toys that have moved a little bit too far away. He has four teeth (three on bottom, one on top). Very pleasant little/big guy.
Darla is two. That is for sure. The other day she said, "Mom, I was born in the 70's". She loves to look for "antlers" (anthill's) when she is outside, and LOVES playing with her friends. She's been very helpful with packing. We're excited to be moving her into a "big-girl bed" when we get into our new place. Bennett will finally be in a real crib. Amazing. What a life, right?

4 comments:

Kate said...

wow! fun update. i am so happy you get to be in a 3 bedroom! and sometimes i like to think i was born in the 70s too.

Kay Richards said...

oh how I love to see your life through your blog..What a great journal you have of your family and your days in Minnesota..How you do it all is amazing..Love you so much..

brenley said...

totally adorable pictures!!!! i am so excited for your three bedroom! and so jealous as well :)

Liz said...

I love all of your happy family photos on the sidebar. Hope you re enjoying your new place. Here is something I wished I done--that I mention to do-- when I moved: made a list of all the things I was excited about in the new place so that when the things started appearing that I didn't love, I could remember all of the reasons why it was such a great place.