Saturday, February 20, 2010

we're having a fun time sittin' around


Bennett is sitting! I feel like once a baby begins to sit up then they are no longer a newborn - sad story (I love newborns). He also has cut two bottom teeth (thus the massive amounts of drool). I've loved bathing them together lately. It is much easier than thinking about bathing Bennett some other time (didn't seem to get around that as often as I'd like). So now I just plop him in the tub whenever Darla is taking her bath! Great.
For Christmas my dear friend gave us some bubbles from Gymboree. They are no ordinary bubbles. They last FOREVER. Darla (and friends) have had such a wonderful time dancing, chasing, smashing, popping, and catching these bubbles. I still find bubbles hours after we have blown them. Highly recommended.
I've been looking for cheap flights. Where should we go for Spring Break? As I've searched I've realized why it's called the "mid-west". We are in the absolute MIDDLE. To drive or fly it's quite the trip. More than anything it'll just be nice to have Erik around for a week!
Any advice on how to get rid of a pacifier or how to potty train my two-year-old? I believe those are the next upcoming adventures of this year. :)

9 comments:

Chalece said...

Well, on the bubble note, I took Brielle to the mall yesterday to find the bubbles. We bought some, and had lots of fun blowing them! I think I had more fun than Rob and Brielle.

Advice on the pacifier? I don't know when we'll be taking that away from Brielle, Rob says when she turns 3. Potty training, we did a potty party where Brielle got to go to the $ store and pick out her own prizes, then she kind of knew what was coming. It's so great having her potty trained! Good luck!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you are asking where to go for spring break! The answer is simple: St. Louis. You can find tickets for $80 round trip on Southwest from Minneapolis...or you could drive.

As for pacifers, my kids never really had them, but I have heard of cutting the nipple to make a hole so they can't suck.

Have fun potty-training! It really isn't that bad if you do it when she is ready. I never pushed the issue. I let them tell me when they were ready. Good luck!

Kate said...

time sure flies. he is growing up! go somewhere WARM for spring break!!

w and w said...

OR you could come visit us in NC. jk truth is we might be headed out your way soon if Will gets an internship there. We'll see. Hope you didn't get sick of him while he was there last! TWO beautiful children. so fun!

April said...

I love newborns too, but I LOVE when babies can sit but can't go anywhere! So cute.

With the pacifier I was worried because I didn't think Mason would ever give it up. Then one day he decided he was done (it took about a week for him to stop crying out randomly through the night) since then no problems.
I had one friend who transitioned the binky to only nap time. So at night you tell them they can have the binky for nap tomorrow. Eventually they give up their nap and thus weaned of the binky ( I think I would have tried this if he hadn't done it himself)

I had another friend who had to take it away cold turkey when he was 3. It took her 5 nights, and only the first night was really bad for her.

Oh potty training... Mason freaks out if I even suggest it, so I am sure it will be awhile. No help there, sorry :)

brenley said...

so i think no. cal. is calling your name - you could be my doula for when the baby comes - FUN! haha! have fun deciding and i'll just keep my fingers crossed that you chose to come to sunny cal for some spring time weather!

Jane Durham said...

marie let lainey take all of her binkies to the store and "pay" with them for her toy/book of choice. they left them there. there was a lot of prep for the moment to make sure it would stick, and a lot of hard moments after that, but it did work.
peter has just started obsessing over bubbles, I'm heading to gymboree!

emily said...

Jen, Bennett looks so much like Easton in that tub picture. No wonder he's so cute! I'm with Brenley, come to No. Cal for Spring Break - it's only a what, 7 hour flight? :)

Liz said...

OK, so the toilet I bought for Anna when she was potty training was definitely the most fun way to potty train. I have decidely relaxed my approach to potty training. AND YOU KNOW ME. To relax about anything is saying something! :) They all potty trained when they wanted to. I think I'll blog about it today. Just for fun!